- » International development
International Development » Tools
GeoData offers independent professional project planning and consultancy services across a range of development-relevant sectors, but with three primary focuses - process, risk and technical tool development. In each case the approach is integrative and cross-disciplinary, so as to provide a comprehensive and balanced approach.
Process-based projects often centre on aspects of global or local environmental (climate) change with a view to clarifying impacts, hazards and response options. A particular emphasis on river and coastal processes offers a basis for advanced understanding which contributes to effective problem solving.
The risk-based management agenda is a powerful framework in which to link physical and social inputs, assessment of impact and vulnerability (adaptive capacity) and multicriteria options evaluation leading through to aspects of decision-support, implementation and governance. Advanced and innovative work on technical aspects (notably spatial data analysis and modelling, database design and GIS) underpins the comprehensive approach that links high-level research to practical problem solving and management intervention.
- Capacity Building in Flood Vulnerability Mapping
- Development of User Interface to Emergency Information Systems Developed for Disaster Management wit
- Food Security Activity Tracking System - FS-ATMIS
- IWRM Capacity Building in China
- Regional Academic Partnership Scheme
- Socio-Economic Vulnerability to Climate Change in the Brahmaputra Basin (BRAHMATWINN)